Christmas is the Gift
Parents are in a busy season with the care of little children and the celebration of Christmas. I remember thinking of how our family could possibly accomplish all the decorating, cooking, and activities. As time goes by, we decide how much we can buy and how much we can do for the age and stage of our children. Maybe this is the year that we choose one kind of cookie to make and the parents and children stir up the cookies together. The best part will be the experience together—flour dust flying and all. Plan for a short time because the concentration is as quick as melting snow flakes.
Every part of decorating, cooking, singing and worshiping the gift of Baby Jesus is a wonder to young children. What you choose to include will be just right for your family. Enjoy the look of wonder, the natural spirituality of children and the excitement by the Christmas tree. Love it all!! Remember back to how periods of time sped by….children speed up time. Get out your angel dust (clear flat shinny flakes) and sprinkle some on your shoulder to share the spirit of Christmas.
Please put the Ourday Christmas Program on the family calendar and welcome the children’s beginning experience with performing. Mrs. Aichele adds a sprinkle of love with music and joyful children’s voices in the presentation. Appreciate each child’s effort in their program including the ones who listen, wave, and just stay with the choir. Christmas is the gift.
Charity Monroe, Director
- Dec. 19th & 20th Christmas Programs
- Dec. 19th & 20th Chapel
- Dec. 21st - Jan. 2nd Christmas Break
- Jan. 3rd Registration info for 2018 posts below
- Jan. 15th & 16th No School
- Jan. 18th Open house
- Jan. 18th, 23rd, 25th, & 30th small group tours at 10am. Children are welcome! Please call or email for availability. 614.882.4416 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ourday Snow Policy: If the Westerville City Schools close for the day, Ourday will also be closed. If the school is closed, the office will not be staffed. If the Westerville City Schools have a delayed start, Ourday will be open as usual. We will try to update our website if Ourday is closed.
Ourday Parent Organization (OPO) News December
- Firefighters for kids: Please consider donating a new unwrapped toy for children ages 0-14yrs. There is a collection box in front of the office.
- Teacher wish lists: OPO has teacher wish lists available. Please email email@example.com if interested.
- Pancake Breakfast: January 24th & 25th at The Pancake House. Pancakes will be served for a donation. All proceeds will benefit the preschool!
- W.A.R.M. monthly suggestions: Toothpaste, toothbrushes, & soap.
Welcome new 2018-2019 families!
Ourday offer preschool classes for children 2.5 to 5 years of age. Most children come two or three mornings per week. We have two teachers in every classroom of 10-14 children. One of the special things about Ourday Preschool is our four hour morning program. In addition to their classroom experiences, the children have music, gym, and art classes. We would welcome the opportunity to meet you and show you our preschool.
Ourday Preschool, established in 1979, is dedicated to providing a quality preschool program in a Christian environment and supporting families in the important years of early childhood.
Ourday Preschool is owned by the Church of the Messiah United Methodist Church and is open to all children in the community. The staff creates a Christian environment. The children say a prayer or blessing before lunch. The children celebrate Christmas and Christian holidays. The Ourday Christmas program includes the story of the birth of the Baby Jesus and Christmas carols. The Ourday staff represents the church in transforming Christian love into action by caring for and teaching children.
- Smaller ratios: Two teachers with only 12 -14 children in each class
- Education: Teachers with Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, participating in continuing education classes.
- Specialists: Degreed teachers in physical education, music, and art
- More time to learn, more time for fun.
- Serving preschoolers ages 2.5 through 5 years old from 9am to 1pm.