Ourday has added a tradition to the happy celebration of Valentine’s Day. Our program offers an opportunity to do a good deed for others. Each class of children takes a banner, valentines, or a small token of appreciation to our Uptown merchants or community helpers. For instance if you work at an ice cream shop and make cones for the families coming to visit Westerville shops, we give you a Valentine and thank you for all the work you have done for serving others at work. Another class is visiting the library to thank the librarians for helping us to find books and information when we are learning from information at Westerville Library. Experiences giving to others are part of learning the meaning and quality of serving those in our community. We are thankful for all the good people in our neighborhood. I hear parents teaching their children about giving when they bring a can of food or a toy as a hands on experience in giving to others.
Charity Monroe, Director
- Feb. 6,7, & 16th: Picture Days.
- Feb. 12th: Monday/Wednesday classes picture make up
- Feb. 15th: Enrollment Begins for New Families
- Feb. 19th: President's Day. NO school
- Feb. 20th & 21st: Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Feb. 27th & 28th: Zoo Visit
Ourday Snow Policy: If the Westerville City Schools close for the day, Ourday will also be closed. If the school is closed, the office will not be staffed. If the Westerville City Schools have a delayed start, Ourday will be open as usual. We will try to update our website if Ourday is closed.
Ourday Parent Organization (OPO) News FEbruary
- The OPO leadership team is graduating. That means we need a few people to step in and take over. The typical time commitment is about 4 hours a month. New volunteers will work with current leadership to ensure a smooth transition. Email Lindsey Cady for more details. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- W.A.R.M. monthly suggestions: Dried beans, tissues, & plastic jars of jelly.
Welcome new 2018-2019 families!
Ourday offers preschool classes for children 2.5 to 5 years of age. Most children come two or three mornings per week. We have two teachers in every classroom of 10-14 children. One of the special things about Ourday Preschool is our four hour morning program. In addition to their classroom experiences, the children have music, gym, and art classes. We would welcome the opportunity to meet you and show you our preschool.
Please join us:
- Please call or email for tour availability. 614.882.4416 or email@example.com.
Ourday Preschool, established in 1979, is dedicated to providing a quality preschool program in a Christian environment and supporting families in the important years of early childhood.
Ourday Preschool is owned by the Church of the Messiah United Methodist Church and is open to all children in the community. The staff creates a Christian environment. The children say a prayer or blessing before lunch. The children celebrate Christmas and Christian holidays. The Ourday Christmas program includes the story of the birth of the Baby Jesus and Christmas carols. The Ourday staff represents the church in transforming Christian love into action by caring for and teaching children.
- Smaller ratios: Two teachers with only 12 -14 children in each class
- Education: Teachers with Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, participating in continuing education classes.
- Specialists: Degreed teachers in physical education, music, and art
- More time to learn, more time for fun.
- Serving preschoolers ages 2.5 through 5 years old from 9am to 1pm.