Ourday Parent News: March 2018
This week began with two sunny days which brought to mind, “what a difference a day can make.” Everybody gets out and feels the difference first hand and we, Ohioans really know the change of season.
The week of St. Patrick’s Day, March 17th, the children and staff welcome the spring season with green clothes and food and visits to the outdoor learning area. Ourday classes have planted bulbs that should be starting out of the planter box soil near the end of March until the middle of April.
The Read-A-Thon is in full swing and the children are making connections with ideas stored for future use. I like the Dr. Seuss saying:
“The more that you read,
The more you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you’ll go.”
Parents are invited to read with our classes; let us know if you want to share your talents with classes anytime at Ourday. Reading is never an old idea but the true basis for learning and Ourday celebrates the standards of early reading skills each year.
March is time for us to plant our garden greens: kale, spinach, lettuce, radishes. Give it a try; before you plant spring flowers, you could have some yummy lettuce for some spring salads. Green idea from Charity, farmer and preschool director.
Charity Monroe, Director
- Feb. 26th - March 9th: Read-a-thon
- March 15th: One months tuition is due to complete enrollment for 2018-2019. Please submit the state enrollment and Tuition Express form too.
- March 23rd: Picture make-up day
- March 26th- April 2nd: Spring break
Ourday Snow Policy: If the Westerville City Schools close for the day, Ourday will also be closed. If the school is closed, the office will not be staffed. If the Westerville City Schools have a delayed start, Ourday will be open as usual. We will try to update our website if Ourday is closed.
Welcome new 2018-2019 families!
Ourday offers preschool classes for children 2.5 to 5 years of age. Most children come two or three mornings per week. We have two teachers in every classroom of 10-14 children. One of the special things about Ourday Preschool is our four hour morning program. In addition to their classroom experiences, the children have music, gym, and art classes. To complete the enrollment process, one months tuition is due by March 15th. Please submit the state enrollment and new Tuition Express form too.
Ourday Preschool, established in 1979, is dedicated to providing a quality preschool program in a Christian environment and supporting families in the important years of early childhood.
Ourday Preschool is owned by the Church of the Messiah United Methodist Church and is open to all children in the community. The staff creates a Christian environment. The children say a prayer or blessing before lunch. The children celebrate Christmas and Christian holidays. The Ourday Christmas program includes the story of the birth of the Baby Jesus and Christmas carols. The Ourday staff represents the church in transforming Christian love into action by caring for and teaching children.
- Smaller ratios: Two teachers with only 12 -14 children in each class
- Education: Teachers with Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, participating in continuing education classes.
- Specialists: Degreed teachers in physical education, music, and art
- More time to learn, more time for fun.
- Serving preschoolers ages 2.5 through 5 years old from 9am to 1pm.
Resources and Forms
- ODJFS Child Enrollment & Health Info Form
- 2018-2019 Pre-Enrollment Form
- 2017-2018 Parent Calendar
- 2017 Registration Form
- Download Child Medical/ Physical Care Plan
- Download Parent Handbook
- Request for Administration of Medication
- Pay your Ourday tuition
- Child Medical Statement
email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 614.882.4416 fax: 614.882.2161