Middle School Youth
Click HERE for 2017-18 Youth Ministry Information Sheet
Click HERE to view the Middle and High School Ministries Calendar
Click HERE to view the Confirmation Schedule for 2018
Click HERE for the 5 minute daily devotions related to our Sunday morning Youth Gathering event.
To participate in a Messiah-sponsored youth event, each participant must have a Emergency Medical Authorization Form on file. To print out a copy, please click here for a PDF version of the form . The forms are kept on file for a year and are updated each August. They need to be turned in to Xema Whitley or the main office at church. Click HERE for a list of youth with completed EMA Forms turned in for 2017-18.
Our Curriculum called Orange XP3 includes information for parents about what we are talking about during Sunday morning's Youth Gathering events and how you can keep the conversation going with your kids. Click HERE for your PARENT CUE.
YOUTH GATHERING is our Middle School Sunday morning option. We meet from 9:30-10:30 a.m. in The Gathering Place which is the Church-owned building directly across State Street from the church. Youth 7-12th grades meet for an opening, food, prayer and announcements then break into smaller age level groups for discussions and games. Our August/Sept. series is called "Reality Show" from the Think Orange curiculum,
PUPPET TEAM - Meets every Tuesday starting Aug. 22nd through December We meet from 6:30-8 p.m. in the Gathering Place to learn puppetry skills and prepare two shows. The first is for Messiah's Trunk or Treat event on October 30th from 5-6 p.m. We'll perform 3 short shows from the church bus windows and a small stage in front of the bus. The next show will be for our 5pm Christmas Eve Service. We will be able to use our Black Light puppets for this show with some fun special effects.
SERVICE LEARNING GROUP - Meets once a month - Thursday, Aug. 24th serve by playing with kids at the YWCA Dinner for homeless families. Meet at 5 p.m. at the Gathering Place to ride down together and return by 7 p.m. Dinner for volunteers included. Email Xema to let her know you are coming at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confirmation - January through April
In 2018 we will offer Confirmation class for 7th grade and older youth from January through April. The class is for youth who are ready to learn what it means to be committed publicly to Christ and the church. The class meets on Sundays from 2:30 - 4:30 p.m. in the Gathering Place which is across State Street east of the church. The class is led by clergy and lay leaders including mentors who lead the small groups within the class. The experience features various visits to other congregations in the Columbus area, service projects and a Methodist heritage trip to St. Simon's Island Georgia during the 1st part of Spring Break. Registration is required. There will be two Registration Meetings to choose from in November .
- Informational Meetings- parents and youth November 12 or 19 from 2:30- 3:30 pm in The Gathering Place. Choose the date that works best for you. The meetings cover the same information.
- Registrations are due November 30th.
Click HERE for Confirmation Invitation and Information Letter
Click HERE for Confirmation Heritage Trip Flyer
Click HERE for Confirmation Heritage Trip Cost and Registration
Click HERE for Confirmation Heritage Trip Out of Area Medical Form
Confirmation Friend Instructions for Letter Writing:
- A Confirmation Friend is asked to simply write 2 letters of encouragement to the Confirmand that they know. The first letter is due Jan. 31 and the 2nd is due March 31st. You can send both at the same time if that is easier for you. The letters are delivered during class. The letters are to share the role the Bible has had in the Confirmation Friend’s life and to encourage the Confirmand in his/her spiritual journey. This is a great way to get family or friends involved who live out or town. Confirmation Friends can share their favorite verse, story from the Bible or memories of times they had important spiritual milestones.
- Confirmation Friends can be parents, grandparents, siblings, family members or any friend that has an interest in the Confirmand’s spiritual growth. It can also be the Confirmand’s Banner Carrier during the Confirmation service.
- Confirmation Friend’s letters to their Confirmand can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to (Your Confirmand’s name) c/o Xema Whitley – Church of the Messiah – 51 N. State St. Westerville, OH 43081