Click HERE for 2016-17 Youth Ministry Information Sheet.
Click HERE to view High School and Middle School Youth Ministries Calendar.
Click HERE for the 2017 William Steck Scholarship application and information.
To participate in a Messiah-sponsored youth event, each participant must have a Emergency Medical Authorization Form on file. To print out a copy, please click here for a PDF version of the form . The forms are kept on file for a year and are updated each August. They need to be turned in to Xema Whitley or the main office at church.
Youth Gathering meets Sunday mornings from 9:30-10:30 a.m. in the Gathering Place which is directly across State Street from the church. We start with food, greetings, birthdays, prayer and short message then we break into smaller discussion groups. For Sr. High in May: College Ready - Making the Most of Your Next Great Adventure. This is a 6 week discussion group which includes a workbook that covers subjects such as Excelling Academically, Empowering Friendships, Dating Right, Having Fun and Growing Spiritually.
Bible study - BI-WEEKLY
SEE GROUP - Bible Study the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month from 6:30-8 p.m. in the Gathering Place. SEE stands for Spiritual Enrichment and Encouragement and is open to 7-12th grade youth. We are currently starting the Sparkhouse curriculum called "Echo The Story" - a creative way to explore the New Testament. Everyone gets a sketch journal and each session includes new ways to hear the Bible stories with fun ways to retell them to each other.
- SENIOR BONFIRE - Saturday, May 20th at Sofia Villaveces' home from 7-10 p.m. Bring a snack to share and roast some marshmallows while sharing stories about our Seniors that will be leaving us soon. Sniff. Sniff. Contact Xema if you need the address or directions to Sofia's home.
- GRADUATION SUNDAY - Sunday, May 21st - all Seniors will be invited to the front during all worship times to share their name and where they are graduating from. The pastor will lead a prayer for them and give a small gift.
- SENIOR LUNCH -Sunday, May 21st in McVay Hall from 12:30- 2 p.m. For grads and their families. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 7th so we can order enough food. This is a chance to relax with your family, share memories and have a special prayer time for your Seniors.
SUMMER MISSION TRip-mexico 2017
June 11-17, 2017 to Nuevo Progresso, Mexico. We will work with Pastor Kathy Currier and her contacts to do repairs in the area and work with children at the orphanage. The Mexico trip is at capacity. Stay tuned for the 2018 local summer mission trip called Transformation Zone serving the three Franklin, Union and Delaware County areas.
- Final payment for the Mexico trip was due April 15th.
- Team Commissioning - Sat. June 10th during the 5:30 p.m. worship service. Sit with your family and come to the front when called up. An adult will explain what we'll be doing and the congregation will pray for us and our trip.